Friday, May 20, 2011

When the time comes...

As with most people, the dream of owning their own home is a big one.  I have come very close to that dream twice in my life and then have had to start from scratch.  However, I still window shop for things at home that I might like at some point.  This will make it easier for when the time comes to furnish my own home.

Because I cook so much, my dining room is an important area to me.  As you can see on many cooking shows, presenting your meal can add to the overall appeal of what you just cooked. I personally would prefer glass top dining tables as they tend to be easier to clean when it comes to children and some messy relatives.  You do not have to worry about water marks like you do with wood tables as well. 

And by all means I am not saying that I don't enjoy wood tables as I do have many of them.  Again to make it easier because of an accident prone family or even the occasional spill from a serving spoon, I find a vinyl tablecloth valuable to have over your wood tables.  Clean up is easy.  Some of them you can even throw in the washing machine and you don't have to worry about them staining like cloth.

Relaxing on a full belly then becomes a common occurrence in the living room.  Movies and games get played.  Having a dish chair that is moveable, comfortable and of course affordable matters.  The little kids love them and if the chair is big enough, will sit two abreast as they watch or play on the TV.

I am always on the look out for things I would enjoy and like to have in the future.  Shopping for them is half the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment